Lapis Lazuli is a former Homeworld Gem that made her debut in "Mirror Gem". She was imprisoned within a magical mirror for thousands of years until she eventually convinced Steven to free her. As of "Same Old World", she has chosen to reside on Earthand is currently living at the barn with Peridot.
As she entered the Chat RP AU, roleplayed by Japkot, she is been freed by Chrysoprase, went back too Homeworld and stayed there,
Before the fountain healed her, she had grayish-blue skin and reflective eyes without pupils. After her gemstone had been healed by the fountain, her color palette changed its tone. The color of her skin changed to sky blue, her dress and hair became lighter, and Lapis was found to have dark blue eyes and a beautiful smile on her face.
Lapis Lazuli has a slim figure, light blue skin, and dark blue chin-length hair, arranged in almost the same as that of Pearl, although her bangs are slightly longer, with a fringe that covers her entire forehead. She wears a flowing, dark blue skirt, which is knee-length with a downward-facing dark blue triangle. She also wears a backless, dull and dark blue halter crop top with an upward-facing dark blue triangle that ties into a blue sash ribbon on the back of her shoulders. She has a blue lapis lazuli gemstone embedded in her back, in the form of a water droplet, from which she is able to summon and remove wings created out of water at will. Her outfit includes no footwear.
Lapis Lazuli is bitter, vindictive, and mistrusting towards everyone, believing they care more about the Earth than their own kind, due to their betrayal of Homeworld and leaving her trapped in the mirror after finding her. showing that she is angered easily and cannot let things go, going as far as being grumpy.
When confronted with an enemy stronger than herself, she displays a defeatist and worried approach. She believes that putting up a struggle can only make the situation worse. However, Lapis can change into an aggressive being if necessary.
She expresses an overwhelming desire to return home, going as far as to use one of the Earth's oceans to create a giant water construct for the purpose of using it as a lift to get closer. In doing so, she shows that she can be rather inconsiderate and indifferent, as she does not care about the human race nor the Earth, Overall, Lapis is a passionate Gem, who does not hesitate to fight anyone who stands against her, Lapis is also portrayed as being a martyr,
One of Lapis' notable characteristics is her strong willpower. Even with a cracked gemstone, through sheer determination, Lapis managed to control an entire ocean and, once her gemstone was healed, fly an unimaginable distance to Homeworld. Lapis' strength of mind is so great that she suppressed the equally resolved Jasper for months on end. Detrimentally, however, she is also shown to be very stubborn and hesitant in cooperating or accepting help from others unless she has no other choice.
Lapis Lazuli is a lapis lazuli-type Gem created on the Gem Homeworldthousands of years ago. During its colonization era, Lapis visited the Earth, but was caught in the midst of the Rebellion. While trying to escape the planet, she was poofed by a bismuth Gem, but was eventually recovered by aHomeworld Gem. However, to Lapis' dismay, the Gem who discovered her believed she was a Crystal Gem and trapped her in a magical mirror in order to find out the secrets of the rebel group, but she was not able to answer. Eventually, the Homeworld Gems lost hope and fled the Earth, leaving behind Lapis at the Galaxy Warp. While the Gems fled in panic, the mirror was trampled over, damaging Lapis' gemstone. She was later discovered by Pearl at the same spot and kept in her possession.
Lapis was skeptical of him first, but when he just wanted a little something she agreed and went back to Homeworld, she got him what he wanted and he repaid her the debt by protecting her and Peridot from Hawk's Eye.
Lapis and Peridot have a passive-agressive relationship, trading insults on their way to Earth, but when Hawk's Eye went to attack them, Lapis was hasty to protect Peridot.
With Lapis' draftion to White Diamond's court and her conscription to General Onyx' divison, they will surely interact again,
Lapis was very angry when she was taken out of the mirror, taking it out on her and Amethyst, and disregarding her when Sergei approached her.
Lapis possesses standard Gem abilities, bubbling, shape-shifting, fusion, regeneration, agelessness, and superhuman strength/durability. She is mentally strong, as she is able to overtake Jasper when they are fused.
- When fused with a Jasper, they form Malachite.
- Hydrokinesis: Lapis appears to have immense power over water and liquid material, demonstrated by her ability to divide a path through the sea and form the entire ocean into a space elevator, and when she juggled a glass of orange juice.
- Flight: When Lapis' gemstone was healed, it was shown that Lapis can fly using water-wings that extend from her gemstone. These particular water constructs can propel her at high velocities as an evasive maneuver or as a method of transportation. Her wings have the capability to get Lapis all the way to Homeworld in less than a year, possibly even a month. She can't summon her wings with a cracked gem, unlike her other abilities.
- Water Generation: In addition to manipulating existing liquid, Lapis can generate a certain amount of water from her gem. However, it is unknown whether the water is somehow stored within her gemstone, or if, as an extension of her hydrokinesis, she simply condensed the water molecules in the air into a liquid form.
- Water Constructs: Lapis is capable of forming water into various constructs that she can control. She has shown to form hands out of water that she can use to smite enemies or use as a platform. She is also able to form chains to entangle or trap enemies with.
- Water-Walking: Lapis can walk on water, an ability she shares with Pearl, Opal, and Lion.
- Hydromimicry: Lapis can use her control over water to create flawless, powerful water clones of her enemies. The clones appear to possess the same fighting styles as the originals, as demonstrated by water Garnet's strength and water Amethyst's constant shape-shifting. They also have the ability to regenerate when damaged and even split to create new clones, making them effectively invincible against most attacks. The only thing that has been shown damaging them was a sound wave from Steven's shield. She showed her ability to imitate when she was trapped inside the mirror.
- Matter State Manipulation: Lapis is able to change the state of matter of water using her hydrokinetic abilities, causing it to turn into ice. This is first shown when her Crystal Gem water clones create matching weapons of ice.
- Memory Projection: As shown in "Same Old World", Lapis is able to project any of her memories onto a mirror-like surface, an ability she was still able to use while trapped the mirror. While she uses this ability, her eyes lose their pupils and become silvery and reflective, similar to how they looked when her gemstone was cracked.