Onyx, commonly refferred as General Onyx is a character made by Japkot, they are not-cannon.
Onyx was a General of Homeworld, who has been around since pre-Homeworld era.
Onyx was shattered as a price of betrayel by White Diamond, she was succeeded by Citrine, leaving many disgruntled soldiers behind after her demise...
Onyx is huge, just standing a head taller then a then Jasper herself,
Her head is shaped like a Lapis Lazuli's, her hair is dark red, contained in a floating ponytail.
Her eyes are dark red, surrounded by a black pupil. Her nose is small, her lips usually in a thoughtful frown.
She wears standard armour of Homeworld with the chosen insignia of her special retinue and wears a cape to signify her leader position.
Her combat armor is a rather simple and easy to move in armor with no sleeves and a big yellow diamond plastered in the middle of it.
Onyx is a strict Homeworld General, with an unbreakable loyalty to Yellow Diamond whom she was with when the Homeworld was just an idea.
However, she is not afraid of defying her, this shows when she disobeyed her direct orders just so she could bring results for her to strenghten her authority with the Diamonds.
She has shown a more vulnerable personality when she talked about Homeworld and how there was only extinction coming for them if they continued with the endless cycle of wars.
She seems to have a connection with her soldiers, able to communicate with them on a different level,
She is a ruthless combatant, not caring about any kind of honour, she carries her axe which she fitted a gem destabilizer by herself, aiming to take out any combatant in one hit.
Onyx has been with the Diamonds form the start, being one of the first gems to be created, She was made to be the enforcer of the Diamonds, carrying their will, no matter how harsh throught the worlds. Her voice of reason made the colonizing of various planets easier, she became a thread that held the Diamond Authority together.
Various Rebellions were quelled thanks to her, being able to mindmeld rebels, and make them understand how they were fighting for a valid cause, the rebels, after these became her most loyal fallowers. Helping her create the First Legion, the retinue that made many rebellious gems, think again for they had seen no defeat.
But the Legion was defied again, this time by Rose Quartz, Her armies surrounded the Iron Legion in the Final battle and more then half of the Legion was destroyed covering the retreat of Onyx and embedding of the Cluster, which was not completed fully. What Onyx had worked thousands of years to achieve, was destroyed in less then a day, and while she had gained gems on her side, she had lost far more to the rebellion.
And after that Onyx watched as more and more gems began to defy Homeworld, more and more gems were shattered and she truly began to fulfill her role. The Authority had lost a Diamond, lost thousands of gems, The remaining Diamonds began to bicker amongst each other as Onyx' hope faded that a united Homeworld could exist...
They possess standard Gem abilities, including weapon-summoning, bubbling, shape-shifting, fusion,
regeneration, agelessness and superhuman strength/durability.
- Axe Proficency: Onyx is incredibly proficent with her axe, but its kind of obsucred by her destabilizer, seen by how she easily beat a triple fusion and a veteran Jasper in less then a minute.
- Destabilizer: Her axe has a gem destabilizer embedded into it, making her fights considerably easier.
- Spin Dash: Like many of the Quartz type gems are capable of doing, Onyx can spin dash, and inflict considerable damage to her opponents
- Commander: Onyx is the Commander of the First Legion, the redeemed rebels who zealously fallowed her into Earth, knowing that she would be shattered for her disobidience. She
had shown them the importance of a united Homeworld through her mindmelding, and shared a part of her exestential crisis, gaining their loyalty and compassion.
- Mindmeld: Onyx can enter the minds of other gems, willinlgy or not. When the gem is willing, it goes without harm on both sides, if the gem is unwilling however, the stress from the mind intrusion can exhause them so much that they poof back to their gem. This ability has a time restraint however, as longer she stays the more power it drains from her.
Onyx has shown her loyalty to White Diamond on multiple occasions, goings as far as to assume that every gem in her court is undyingly loyal to her, while that statement is true, Onyx does worry that White is losing her mind, always concentrating on work and never her own.
Peridot is Onyx' personal technican, Peridot is loyal to Onyx and Onyx sees Peridot as a sister, seeing as they are both gems blonging to White Diamond and she is in her army.
Onyx went into Rose Gold's armory, watching her work as she was intimidated by her, Onyx gave her free reign on her weapon, and when she finished, she was satisfied with the results of her work, drafting her over to White's Court and calling her sister, telling her to avenge Pink Diamond when she hesitantly muttered her name
Chrysoprase and Onyx are just passing acquantinces, Chryso having been given the duty to rejuvenate White Diamonds Kindergardens, she told her about the happenigs as the two went there and they seemed to get along well.
The two had a fight and Biggs lost, this may damage their standing going forward through the story.
Rueben is Onyx' newest Ruby, and somehow her favorite one, always seen perched on her shoulder like an owl, and never seen without her, She seems to be fond of the little Ruby and would let nothing happen to her going forward
Onyx and Olivine never hit it off
- The ability Mindmeld has been named unintentionally By JinxBinx
- General Onyx has only made an appearance on RP, she is a hastily made character that evolved into something awesome.
- Thats to say, who knows if she will make an appearance on What Binds Us
- She used to be tall as a Diamond, but thats changed, due to it being considered to OP
- Despite Japkot's efforts of presenting her as 'Not a Quartz' she is one.
- That means spin dash.
- General Onyx' Army consists of 200 gems, half of them are Rubies and the other halves are various quartz' and several scout gems.
- Onyx is formed of bands of chalcedony in alternating colors. It is cryptocrystalline, consisting of fine intergrowths of the silica minerals quartz and moganite. Its bands are parallel to one another, as opposed to the more chaotic banding that often occurs in agates.
- Sardonyx is a variant in which the colored bands are sard (shades of red) rather than black. Black onyx is perhaps the most famous variety, but is not as common as onyx with colored bands. Artificial treatments have been used since ancient times to produce both the black color in "black onyx" and the reds and yellows in sardonyx. Most "black onyx" on the market is artificially colored.
- The name has sometimes been used, incorrectly, to label other banded lapidary materials, such as banded calcite found in Mexico, Pakistan, and other places, and often carved, polished and sold. This material is much softer than true onyx, and much more readily available. The majority of carved items sold as "onyx" today are thiscarbonate material.
- Artificial onyx types have also been produced from common chalcedony and plain agates. The first-century naturalist Pliny the Elder described these techniques being used in Roman times. Treatments for producing black and other colors include soaking or boiling chalcedony in sugar solutions, then treating with sulfuric or hydrochloric acid to carbonize sugars which had been absorbed into the top layers of the stone. These techniques are still used, as well as other dyeing treatments, and most so-called "black onyx" sold is artificially treated. In addition to dye treatments, heating and treatment with nitric acid have been used to lighten or eliminate undesirable colors.
- Onyx is a gemstone found in various regions of the world including Uruguay, Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Germany, India, Pakistan, Madagascar, Latin America, the UK, and various states in the US.
|Onyx's gemstone is located in the center of her right hand. It has a dark red ring around a black surface. It is a smooth ellipsoid with no facets. It's in the shape of a oval.|